CAUKIN's 17 Best Bits of 2017!
1. Winning Cardiff University's SPARK Entrepreneurship Award and being entered into the nationwide Santander Universities Entrepreneurship Awards
2. Partnering with Max and various sponsors at The Naqaqa Giving Foundation to conceive and deliver the Fiji Projects
3. Pitching CAUKIN Studio to an audience of 500 including Santander UK’s CEO, Nathan Bostock at the Santander Universities Entrepreneurship Awards, and winning 1st place in the People's Choice category!
4. Working with Enterprise and Start-Up, Cardiff University to deliver Y Syniad, a pop-up event space for Enterprise and Start-Up’s Entrepreneurship Support Week.
5. Being oversubscribed for The Fiji Projects 2017
6. Partnering with Fulton Hogan Highways to supply and pour the concrete for all Fiji Projects
7. Completion of The Naweni Kindergarten, Fiji
8. Completion of The Vivili Community Hall, Fiji
9. Published across Architecture In Development's social media and website
10. Mentioned by WSA Head of school, Prof. Chris Tweed at the annual RSAW (Royal Society for Architects in Wales-RIBA) Conference
11. Worked with Sergio Pineda and 1st year at the Welsh School of Architecture to construct a greenhouse in Roath as part of the 1st years teaching modules
12. Samantha joined the CAUKIN Team
13. Partnered with the Kambia district foundation
14. Release of Fiji 2018 project and Sierra Leone 2018 project
15. Incorporated as a Ltd. Company
16. Moved into our first office!
17. Started Unit X at the Welsh School of Architecture, a student-led teaching module, aimed at expanding practice